Tuesday 14 September 2010

california. england.

"From Palm Tree to Cream Tea" explains quite a lot. It has been almost 6 months since I have left, and I have yet to see a single palm tree in England. Therefore, the image of the palm tree represents to me the sunny beach only 20 minutes from the home I left in California- not to mention the palm trees lining the city streets.









Having a "Cream tea" on the other hand, is one of the most English things I can think of (having only observed the country for about 9 months now). What a cream tea involves is drinking tea while eating a scone with clotted cream and jam.






Your challenge, if you are able, is to go find a palm tree, sit under it, and enjoy a cream tea. Best of both worlds.

2 comments:

  1. Awwww, Caitlyn! Very cute and creative. So, I wish we could go to Sally Lunn's this weekend with you and have cream tea together. I'd give up the palm trees any day to do that! However, I'd love it if God led you back to the palm trees! Miss you and praying for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. One day, I will get to enjoy those English treats with you, Tom & my husband. In your new home. I am determined. I shall start saving now. xoxoxoxo

    ReplyDelete